Wednesday, January 15, 2014

4 Answers to "Did you use to XXX". "Yes, I did", "No, I didn't", and 2 more...

I USED TO

It isn't as easy as it sounds.  For example let's talk about Bill.  Here's some background about Bill:

  • Bill was born in Texas.
  • Bill has never lived in Europe.
  • Bill recently moved to California.  
  • He has been to Japan, but only once.
Now let's ask Bill 4 questions using "use to":

  1. Did you use to live in Texas?               Yes, I did.
  2. Did you use to live in Europe?               No, I didn't.
  3. Did you use to live in California?               No, I still do.
  4. Did you use to visit Japan?               No, only once.
#1 and #2 should be easy enough for everyone to answer.  But there are two special conditions about "I used to".  

* "I used to" means that I don't anymore.  So #3 must be NO!  I still do.  I do now. 
* "I used to" means that it was regular.  So #4 must be NO!  I only did it once.  Never regularly. 

So try making a few questions using "Did you use to XXXX", and try making some answers for yourself!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment